It’s not everyday that you get to spend that special day — his or her birthday — together. Why don’t you make it extra special and plan a lil’ somethin’ somethin’? Not necessarily an expensive gift, you know.
I’ve always thought that making my partner feel extra special on his birthday is a good way of reinforcing how I feel about him or how special he is to me. I’d always find a way to make it stand out from the other birthdays.
I recently celebrated my birthday. For the past three or four years, I’ve been making this day a *special day* for me but this is the first birthday I’ll be celebrating with a man in my life. We couldn’t really plan something big cuz we both had work the whole day.
What made that day special was when he did something, which really surprised me. A simple trip on the flyover, which I’ve never been on, that led to the International Airport. We just passed it, you see and I was telling a friend that I haven’t been on it. he apparently heard it then he made it look like we were just taking a different route home but it was simply to go back so we can take that flyover. Boy, was I surprised when he did it. I loved it!
That simple gesture made my birthday special.
So, I reckon you should do it, too. Come back and let me know how it goes!
The easiest and quickest way to meet Canadian singles in your area looking for a relationship is to sign up for a dating site like Loveawake. Craigslist alternative pages dedicated to helping American people find love online:
Date Idea: Spend Boxing Day Together
Traditionally, this day is alloted for a sporting activity, i.e. fox-hunting but nowadays it’s either football, cricket or yacht racing. I understand that most women from Craigslist aren’t into sports but, hey, some are!
Here are a few ideas on what you can do or where to go on your Boxing Day date. Let’s start off with the more obvious ones:
- Go watch the Boxing Day Test at the Melbourne Cricket Grounds — er, applicable for you guys who live in Australia. LOL.
- You can watch the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race — again, only for the Aussie folk.
- You can take your pick among the English and Scottish Football matches. Also, in Northern Ireland.
- You can also take part in the festivities of Junkanoo in Bahamas.
Now, for the DIY date ideas. Teehee.
- If your town celebrates Boxing Day in your own special way, take part!
- You can invite friends over for some beer and leftovers to watch them sporting activities on cable or a movie marathon of sport flicks. [Guys would love that!]
- You can host a barbie and play some backyard cricket [or whichever sport you guys like to play] with other couples!
If you haven’t considered making this day a special day, too, perhaps I’ve given you a few ideas to help you make it into one. Create your own special way of celebrating the day after Christmas with your partner from Craigslist . No one ever said the holidays end on Christmas day!
Enjoy your Boxing Day, people!